Wow, I can’t believe I let an entire week go by without posting any other content. Life has been pretty hectic lately. Last week I think I only ran once and never even once made it to the climbing gym! I spent last Thursday – Sunday night at the NX35 Conferette in Denton, Texas. It was quite amazing. Flaming Lips, Midlake and StarDeath and White Dwarfs headlined the festival. But anyway, on to the smoothie recipe.
This was another little “accident” because I thought I was out of bananas, but turns out there was a batch hiding in a canvas grocery bag sitting on the counter. After three nights of being up late going to shows I found myself scrounging for fruit Sunday morning before church and rummaged up half a bag of frozen mangoes, some frozen strawberries I stole from my roommate (Phillip if you are reading this I’m buying more) and some frozen grapes. So, I tossed them all in the Vita-Mix along with some hemp milk, agave nectar, vanilla extract, hemp seed powder and greens powder and then blended it all up.
- 1/2 bag of frozen mangoes
- small amount of frozen strawberries
- hand full or two of frozen grapes
- 2-4 TBSP of agave nectar
- 1 small cap full of vanilla extract (note: my cap is very small)
- Optional: greens powder and/or hemp seed protein*
* another option is fresh pinach, I made this smoothie twice already, second time was using fresh greens.